6/22/07

Summer

Just got home from the "warehouse club" with three of the four. FUN!

I have been lurking around the internet for a while reading other "mommy blogs" and watching the arguments rise around silly things. Is being a SAHM hard or not? Can you feed kids healthy food on a limited budget? One thing I have tried to keep as my personal motto, yet is the hardest to actually follow is "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

Can you feed kids healthy food on a LIMITED budget? Sure, but don't talk about "the correct way" to feed teenagers until there is actually one living in your house! There is a big difference between making a 6 year old or a growing 6'2" teenage boy eat something. Though, for the record I have found teenagers will eat practically anything...

Do I think that being a SAHM is a hard job? NO. Do you want to know why? Because it is not a JOB, it's a vocation. If you look at it as a "job" YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. Last time I checked I did not get paid vacation, a raise, performance bonuses, travel expenses. I cannot quit because I am bored, not challenged or something better has come along. You can do that with a job. I AM a mom. But I will never "be" my job.