7/2/07



Last night C & I went to see Rooney! They were great--IMO much better live than on CD, and they were very cute. The best part was watching C with a real smile on her face! She has loved them forever. I like being at a concert in a small venue-- much more intimate and you really feel part of the show. It brought back many memories of my youth, when I was cool and knew those up and coming bands (cough R.E.M.) before any of my college friends did. See I couldn't go to concerts in HS because my mom thought there were "free drugs" all over... Speaking of "moms", I did feel a little out of place. I think, I know, that I was one of 3 people over 30. I swear, after the encore, that Robert Carmine said "Hi mom" to me-- This could be good or bad. Good -- hey I was noticed... Bad, hey I'm not 17 anymore and it is quite obvious...

Here is a shot of C with the band in the background, look closely and you can see Robert Carmine's cuteness right behind her!