5/21/12

FOR TODAY
Um... last blog post was right about now... last year.  Time to get the old brain working again.  TODAY is my first day of summer break.  And, I am stranded.  Ah, the joys of 3 drivers and ONE car.  First day of summer and the lists begin....

Outside my window...
A beautiful sunny day.  Loads of green.  Makes me happy.

I am thinking...
Of the wonderful potential for this summer.  Time to spend with all my kids.  Sad that this is the last summer for a house-full.

I am thankful...
For all God's blessings in my life.

From the learning rooms...
Everyday is a learning opportunity.  Happy that #2 son is reading for fun -- and that a school year of "no X-Box during the week" may have had a lasting impact on them.

In the kitchen...
Pantry is FULL and counters are CLEAN!  What a great way to start the summer. Cooking?  Guess I'll have to get back to that since I won't have the "work" excuse any more.

I am wearing...
The same thing I did yesterday.  YUP, I said it.  Not proud, but I wanted to get up early and get a jump on some computer projects and MOUNDs of laundry.  It just seemed more efficient.

I am knitting...
Featherweight Cardigan.... still.  It seems to only come out on Friday trivia nights.  Sigh.

I am going...
nowhere and I kinda like it.

I am reading...
Outlander---Audible version.  Makes cleaning a breeze.  As much as I thought I would HATE a book on tape I like it.  Don't know if I could tackle something new, but it is a great way to re-read old favorites.
47 different magazines-- because I am addicted.  'nuf said.

I am hoping and praying for...
--my daughter as she begins real life  this summer.  
--those afflicted with the horrible scourge of cancer.  And for their families.
--Rhett's Aunt Elaine, who lost a husband and a daughter in a week's time.  And for Catherine's husband and children, that they find peace in their loss.

I am looking forward to...
Summer projects

I am hearing on my ipod...
cheating actually... Claire's Pandora station.  I like.

Around the house...
Carpet is coming OFF the basement stairs.  Yahoo!

One of my favorite things...
Rainy days.  Come on summer...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Who knows?  Love me some summer.

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook