2/17/07

A friend of mine mentioned that she was blogging so that her kids might one day want to see what was going on in her mind. My first thought was, "Egad! Why would I want that????" You see, I am the responsible one, I am the perfect one.... heehee.... to see inside this mind is akin to madness.

But then I thought, why not. So jump on the rollercoaster, it's going to be a bumpy ride. From now on I'll blog about what ever is on my mind at the time.

In 1976 our city was having a promotion to decorate for the Bicentennial. I thought this was so cool. We were allowed to paint the fireplugs on our street. I thought that it made Farmington Hills the coolest place to live (ironic that we only lived there for 18 months- the shortest of anywhere) We took our painting very seriously as my mom was an artist and we couldn't have a shabby plug in our yard! I can't tell you now how we painted it, but I do remember the three of us sitting out there on a hot summer day painting, worrying that we might get paint on the grass (hey, I was 11!)

The weird thing is that when this thought popped into my head I decided I'd do a google search and found out that this was apparently done all over! So much for our quaint little cu-de-sac haven.