4/7/08

Austin



Praise God! My nephew is out of his 3rd open heart surgery, is in post-op, and things look like they went well. God bless him. He has several congenital defects that have been repaired, patched and added over his 17 years. He has had cardiac cath procedures one after another. He is a trooper! I sent him a prayer blanket that I have been working on for a while. I know, 17 year old boys aren't always into such things, but it was the closest we could get to a hug for him. Yesterday my BIL called to thank me and to fill me in on the upcoming surgery. He said Austin was calm and ready for the day. In fact, he was going to take a nice leisurely Sunday afternoon nap and his dad asked him what blanket he wanted to curl up with -- sweetheart that he is picked a soft cuddly one and said-- let's save the prayer one for when I really need it.
We love you Austin!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I ma glad Austin is doing well. Gosh, Kath, I can't believe he is 17!

Oh, I tagged you for a meme. It's about Parables. Go to my blog to see what to do.

Love,
R.