4/17/08

What a babe!



So it's senior week at school right? Dress up in themes? How about 80's day? So this morning I was up teaching a child of the new millenium how to get big 80's hair, which is so unnatural to these chicks.
"Just bend over, spray the underside of your hair, scrunch it, and flip," I was amazed at how quickly it all came back to me. Voila! She comes up with a pyramid for hair. "How did you guys live like this?" she asked me indignantly. As if there was something WRONG with increasing the volume of one's head by 150%. I am just sorry that she didn't have bangs so that I could show her how the New Orleans girls were able to add 4" to their height...

So, the hair lesson is over and I think she looks quite cute. I may have worn this exact out fit to Cukos or Shannahans (tho I
personally would have gone with a pointy-toed flat...)I send her to school, quite happy that my offspring can look cute in 2 different decades.

[Cue Sponge Bob music...] ONE HOUR LATER....

The phone rings.
"Mom?"
"Yea?"
"I am in the AP's office, I've been sent in here because I violated dress code -- my skirt is too short, are you mad?"

I, of course can't hear that last part because of a loud guffaw I that I realize is coming from me! I can't stop laughing. "Really? Are you kidding me? Too short, are you sure your legs aren't too green?"

"MOM, stop, everyone can hear you -- will you bring me pants?"

So for the 1st time in 4 years I head off to bail my daughter out of the AP's office (who by the way in her own geeky power actually asked Officer P if that was where the AP teacher's offices were) I guess if you are going to get senioritis, this is the way to go, in a ROCKIN mini skirt.

Of course we won't go where everyone expects this to go to, that with all the drugs, sex and rock and roll in today's schools, the real issue of safety is if the boys will be attracted by C's too short skirt and Jolly Green Giant legs... but I will leave those politcal posts to other people.

WOW!
I completely forgot theBESTpart of 80's day!!

Too cool for school, rockin in a Pretty Perky Pat original --

No comments: