7/30/09

Day 5 at the beach

Today was another surf day...from 47 to3 everyone was surfing.


I love the look of sheer joy on my honey's face --nothing is sweeter


Things I have come to appreciate these days...
  • Spray sunscreen. This was invented for the mothers of pre-teen boys who DO NOT want their mothers touching them. Guarantees sunburn-free boys who have more time to spend at the beach and get tired.
  • Solo suntan lotion. I love that I am almost to the point where I do not have to "lube up" anyone but myself-- minus a little spray here and there. This morning I had flashbacks to applying lotion to myself and 4 kids-- don't know how Kate Gosselin does it alone.
  • the miracle of "peek-a-boo" when trying to calm a crying 5 month old -- and the look of surprise everytime I reappear. I rarely get that look of admiration from my own children.
  • beach chairs can make amazing babysitters when needed. Necessity is the mother of invention!


I love the fact that this family can embrace nature...

from baby blue crabs....
to starfish...

to tidal pools...
to...what the hell is this creature???

No comments: