1/3/10

Old friends

I grew up here in Atlanta.
Well, let me take that back -- I went through puberty here in Atlanta.  I consider that growing up.
By the time I got to high school as an 8th grade "sub-freshman" I had started my 7th school.

That would have been THIRTY-TWO years ago.  Yeah, you heard that right.

A lot can happen in thirty-two years.
First love and the inevitable heart break that follows,
Leaving the nest

Weddings -they are the easy part- and MARRIAGE
births and deaths

Toddlers and TEENAGERS (sometimes together)

laughter and tears.
I have been blessed to share these times with these lovely ladies.
Aren't they pretty?
We don't look old enough to have known ANYTHING for 32 years, let alone each other!


I must say we all look much better when not sporting plaid skirts and saddle shoes.
"The best mirror is an old friend."
--George Herbert

Old friends are a mirror to your old self.  You know, the one you see in the mirror when you wake up-- before you rub the sleep out? When I look at them I can see myself 16 again, ready to take on the world.

Old friends not only remember who you were and know how you got where you are now,
they still like you.
 
Or are at least willing to have lunch with you every once and a while.

Who is your mirror?

No comments: