10/18/09

Boston

Remember my post a year or so ago about Sean and sports? Well,I think he made a good decision. Despite a very weird fall rowing season, our club was able to send 3 boats to compete in the Head of the Charles in Boston. Below are the highlights...


Grandma always said, "A poor workman blames his tools..." However, these kids spent most of the fall season behind the eight-ball. They were flooded out of the boathouse, TWICE!
They could not get on the water due to raw sewage leakage in the Chattahoochee. They drove over an hour north to try and get some time on the water. They got up and tried to work out at 5:30 am (still dark) despite it being the rainiest fall ever.

I am proud of them.

This was a weekend of firsts for my first boy.
  • First national competition (38 out of 79 teams from 5 different countries)
  • first plane trip (I know...)
  • his first visit to New England

AND, the Saints are still ahead....:)

No comments: